Sponsor a Child by clicking this button to give monthly.
(We will be in touch with details of children available for your sponsorship. If you are a UK taxpayer, please select the Gift Aid option)
Sponsor a child
For 80% of the children living in Bolivia, violence starts in the home. These children are considered objects, parental property, without rights until they are old enough to contribute to the family finances.
For the thousands of children who flee their home, life on the streets brings only more misery. By the time our children come to live with us at Operation Restoration they see themselves as worthless – they accept abuse as something they deserve.
When they leave Operation Restoration, they are young adults restored by God’s love and redeeming grace. They are educated and ready to enter middle-class Bolivian society as productive citizens – and ready to join the battle to change their culture’s view of children.
Why sponsor a child?
Statistics are difficult to come by in Bolivia, but after 30 years here, we know that sponsored children are;
• more likely to complete secondary education
• more likely to graduate from college
• more likely to become leaders in their communities
What You’ll Be Providing
• A safe home environment, with his or her own bed, probably for the first time in their life
• Three home-cooked meals and snacks throughout the day
• health and dental care, plus education about personal hygiene and sexual health
• A solid education, from primary through to university or technical school
• comprehensive professional in-home services of a psychologist, social worker, and teacher
• A fundamental change in how they see themselves and their world.
Your sponsored child is surrounded by Christian adults who offer unconditional love, guidance, personal attention, and safety. They participate in regular Bible training and encouragement within the home as well as involvement in a local church.
Your Relationship With Your Child
For us, child sponsorship is more than a monthly financial commitment. You’ll have the opportunity to form a relationship with a unique young person, hopefully for many years. They will write to you, and we strongly encourage you to write to them. A simple, short letter from you – even once a year – gives them the proof that they are known, they are valued, and they are loved. Include your photo, that’s even better!
And prayer. We ask you to keep your wonderful young person in your thoughts, heart and prayers.
What does it cost to sponsor a child?
The basic cost to provide accommodation, food, clothing, education and healthcare for a child in one of our homes is approximately £100.00 ($125.00) per month. However, we ask sponsors to give £10.00 ($15.00) per month or more recognizing that a child may have more than one sponsor.